Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My Big Hater, etc.

My big hater screws me up all the damn time. I hate my hater. That cancels out the hate. Try it.

I'm trying Getting Things Done. To help me get, well, things done. I bought the book about 3 years ago. It's been a totem. I have carried it around, taken it on airplanes, never read more than 5 minutes at a time. That in-flight magazine is very compelling.

Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity

Now I use Google Calendar and Remember the Milk. I have developed distractibility into an art form. I need systems I can trust my schedule to. Sounds boring? Yah, it is. But necessary.

In other news, I am afraid of rapping. You know, the white 'n nerdy thing. I wish I was born black. Sometimes, anyway.

3 comments:

Jay Smooth said...

I've been doing a very loose version of GTD (never finished the book, ha) using backpackit.com.. gonna check that rememberthemilk site out.

Via said...

I like backpackit but I love GCal's integration with all things Google. Finishing the GTD book & setting up a system is on the list this month.

Kali said...

Now, I see we have something in common!Do not try to read the book. I actually downloaded it and listened to the podcast twice. Its so much easier absorbing the material. BTW, thanks for all the uplifting words :)